This page "Electrical Home Wiring" is part of the Basements101.com website. More detailed information on how to finish a basement can be found at our home page.
Basements101.com - Detailed info on How to finish a Basement.
- Planning and Design is the first step to finish your basement. Measure your basement space and decide what you want various areas used for.
- It is important to decide where all walls, lights, switches, outlets and other mechanicals will be located when you finish your basement before you start building.
- Layout, Framing and standing walls in your basement
- Instructions for Framing walls in place with a top and bottom plate.
- Plumbing for your basement. includes Water Heaters, Water Heater safety, rough and finish plumbing.
- Electrical section is being upgraded. Please see Newsletter for updates.
This website has been created as a reference guide to help you finish your basement and to provide training and support thru every step of the process. Stages to finish a basement are listed on this page. Most basements will involve
several of these stages. Please feel free to browse thru our website and review the many different steps needed to finish a basement. More detailed information is included at each stage.
Please take a moment to
and feel free to
contact us with any questions.
Our staff is always available to answer your
questions and to offer some creative tips and tricks to get the most out of your
new finished basement living space.
For a list of Basement Finish contractors in your area please check out the
We can never stress strongly enough to our customers how helpful it can be to
have a pro look at your project. Even if you plan to do some or all of the work
yourself, it will be helpful to get some free advice and fresh ideas.
As you browse thru this website you will find lots of info on Basements and how to finish your basement. You will also find lots of info that can be used for home improvement and remodeling in other areas of your home.
This website is designed to provide the info you need in one convenient place. please feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions you may have. We would love to hear from you!
How To Finish a Basement
Bookmark this Website
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Solve Basement Water Problems
Decide on the Best Use of Your Basement
Make a Plan to Finish your Basement
Get Help with Your Basement Design
Demolition and Repair
Get a Permit
Buy Tools and Materials
Call for inspections if required - throughout project
Insulation / Vapor Barrier
Paint Stain and finish
Final Finish Plumbing
Final Finish Electrical
Finish Touch-up work / details
Important tips to Finish a Basement
Pay Attention to Air Circulation
Maximize Your Basement's Natural Light
Make Creative Use of Artificial Light
Double Check Basement lighting Plan
Insulate Your Basement Well Choose your Remodeling Tools How to Finish